- About Us
- How We Help
- News & Media
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Contact: Elana Silber, Director of Operations
Telephone: (866) 474-2774
SHARSHERET TO HONOR DR. TAMMY BRYK AND DR. GILA LEITER AT ANNUAL BENEFIT
Teaneck, New Jersey (April 19, 2013) - Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to addressing the needs of women and families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer, will host its Annual Benefit on Sunday, May 5, 2013. The event will attract more than 500 women and men at the Marriott at Glenpointe in Teaneck, New Jersey.
Sharsheret will recognize the incredible contributions of Guest of Honor Dr. Tammy Bryk (Jamaica Estates, New York) and Dr. Gila Leiter (Teaneck, New Jersey), the recipient of the Lisa Altman Volunteer Tribute Award. Benefit Chairs this year include Laurie and Eli Bryk (NYC), Nina Kampler and Dr. Zvi Marans (Teaneck, NJ), Dr. Karin Katz and Joel Katz (NYC), Heather Rosenstein and Joseph Sarachek (Scarsdale, NY), Alissa and Sammy Zagha (Teaneck, NJ) and Esther and Dr. Dov Zeidman (Lawrence, NY). Silent Auction Chairs include Jennifer and Ronnie Aranoff (Teaneck, NJ), Michele and Dr. Jody Bardash (Teaneck, NJ), and Batya and Nachman Paul (Bergenfield, NJ). At the Benefit, Sharsheret will debut its new documentary "Sharsheret Does More: One Woman At A Time" and will also feature a silent auction showcasing valuable gift packages, electronics, jewelry, Judaica, sports memorabilia, and fine dining and shopping gift certificates.
"We look forward to celebrating the day with Sharsheret volunteers, supporters, and families as we pay tribute to Dr. Tammy Bryk, an active Sharsheret volunteer and peer supporter who has been a co-chair of the Annual Benefit for the past three consecutive years, and to Dr. Gila Leiter, a member of Sharsheret's Medical Advisory Board since its inception, who has helped shape Sharsheret's programs and has shared her expertise at national medical symposia," said Director of Operations Elana Silber. "We are truly grateful for their continued dedication that has inspired thousands across the country to join us in our efforts to support Jewish women facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer."
For seat reservations, please visit www.sharsheret.org/benefit or call 866.474.2774. For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ellen Kleinhaus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharsheret, Hebrew for "chain", is a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer. Our mission is to offer a community of support to women diagnosed with breast cancer or at increased genetic risk, by fostering culturally-relevant individualized connections with networks of peers, health professionals, and related resources.
Since Sharsheret's founding in 2001, we have responded to more than 25,000 breast cancer inquiries, involved more than 2,000 peer supporters, and presented over 250 educational programs nationwide. Sharsheret supports young Jewish women and families facing breast cancer at every stage - before, during, and after diagnosis. We help women and families connect to our community in the way that feels most comfortable, taking into consideration their stage of life, diagnosis, or treatment, as well as their connection to Judaism. We also provide educational resources, offer specialized support to those facing ovarian cancer or at high risk of developing cancer, and create programs for women and families to improve their quality of life. All Sharsheret's programs are open to all women and men.
Sharsheret offers the following national programs:
The Link Program
• Peer Support Network, connecting women newly diagnosed or at high risk of developing breast cancer one-on-one with others who share similar diagnoses and experiences
• Embrace™, supporting women living with advanced breast cancer
• Genetics for Life™, addressing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
• Busy Box™, for young parents facing breast cancer
• Best Face Forward®, addressing the cosmetic side effects of treatment
• Family Focus®, providing resources and support for caregivers and family members
• Ovarian Cancer Program, tailored resources and support for young Jewish women and families facing ovarian cancer
• Sharsheret Supports™, developing local support groups and programs
Education and Outreach Programs
• Health Care Symposia, on issues unique to younger women facing breast cancer
• Sharsheret on Campus™, outreach and education to students on campus
• Sharsheret Educational Resource Booklet Series, culturally-relevant publications for Jewish women and their families and healthcare professionals
© 2016 Sharsheret: Your Jewish Community Facing Breast Cancer
Sharsheret is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization ID# 13-4198529
Designed by Firefly Partners