- About Us
- How We Help
- News & Media
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Sharsheret to Present Free National Teleconference Addressing
Changes in Relationships As a Breast Cancer Survivor
Teaneck, New Jersey (May 1, 2013) - Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families facing breast cancer, will present a free national teleconference, It's Complicated: Understanding and Managing Relationships As a Breast Cancer Survivor, Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 8:00 p.m. (EDT). This teleconference is part of Sharsheret's National Survivorship Teleconference Series. An audio recording and written transcript will be posted online following the teleconference at www.sharsheret.org.
The live teleconference will feature experts in the field of cancer survivorship. Marisa Weiss, MD,
President and Founder, Breastcancer.org, and Katherine Puckett, PhD, MS, MSW, LCSW, National Director of Mind-Body Medicine, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, will address how breast cancer impacts relationships from diagnosis through survivorship. Rochelle Shoretz, two-time breast cancer survivor and Executive Director of Sharsheret, will speak about breast cancer survivors in the Jewish Community.
"Balancing personal relationships through a breast cancer diagnosis can be challenging," said Elana Silber, Director of Operations. "This teleconference will explore changes in relationships you may face with family members, friends, and intimate partners and offer guidance on how to best address those changes."
To register for the teleconference and for dial-in instructions, visit www.sharsheret.org or call toll-free 866.474.2774.
This program is supported by the Cooperative Agreement DP11-1111 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Sharsheret, Hebrew for "chain", is a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer. Our mission is to offer a community of support to women diagnosed with breast cancer or at increased genetic risk, by fostering culturally-relevant individualized connections with networks of peers, health professionals, and related resources.
Since Sharsheret's founding in 2001, we have responded to more than 25,000 breast cancer inquiries, involved more than 2,000 peer supporters, and presented over 250 educational programs nationwide. Sharsheret supports young Jewish women and families facing breast cancer at every stage - before, during, and after diagnosis. We help women and families connect to our community in the way that feels most comfortable, taking into consideration their stage of life, diagnosis, or treatment, as well as their connection to Judaism. We also provide educational resources, offer specialized support to those facing ovarian cancer or at high risk of developing cancer, and create programs for women and families to improve their quality of life. All Sharsheret's programs are open to all women and men.
Sharsheret offers the following national programs:
The Link Program
• Peer Support Network, connecting women newly diagnosed or at high risk of developing breast cancer one-on-one with others who share similar diagnoses and experiences
• Embrace™, supporting women living with advanced breast cancer
• Genetics for Life™, addressing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
• Busy Box™, for young parents facing breast cancer
• Best Face Forward®, addressing the cosmetic side effects of treatment
• Family Focus®, providing resources and support for caregivers and family members
• Ovarian Cancer Program, tailored resources and support for young Jewish women and families facing ovarian cancer
• Sharsheret Supports™, developing local support groups and programs
Education and Outreach Programs
• Health Care Symposia, on issues unique to younger women facing breast cancer
• Sharsheret on Campus™, outreach and education to students on campus
• Sharsheret Educational Resource Booklet Series, culturally-relevant publications for Jewish women and their families and healthcare professionals
© 2016 Sharsheret: Your Jewish Community Facing Breast Cancer
Sharsheret is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization ID# 13-4198529
Designed by Firefly Partners