- About Us
- How We Help
- News & Media
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elana Silber, Director of Operations
New Program Addresses Financial Concerns for Those Living With Serious Illness
Teaneck, New Jersey (July 25, 2013) - Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization supporting young Jewish women facing breast cancer, has released a Financial Wellness Tool Kit for women and families living with serious illness. The free Tool Kit is part of the Financial Wellness program, a culturally-relevant educational program to empower women and families to take control of their financial well-being during a health crisis.
"Women and families reach out to Sharsheret with questions about managing their finances when living with serious illness," said Director of Operations Elana Silber. "Sharsheret developed the Financial Wellness Tool Kit to address these concerns and to help women and families navigate the complicated health care and financial systems with critical resources."
The Tool Kit features guidelines from experts in the fields of insurance, disability, financial planning, and estate planning, tools to record and organize personal information, vital resources, and helpful tips from other Jewish women who have faced illness. To order the free Financial Wellness Tool Kit, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 866.474.2774, or visit www.sharsheret.org. Sharsheret's Financial Wellness program and Tool Kit are made possible with generous support from the Jewish Women's Foundation of New York.
Sharsheret, Hebrew for "chain", is a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer. Our mission is to offer a community of support to women diagnosed with breast cancer or at increased genetic risk, by fostering culturally-relevant individualized connections with networks of peers, health professionals, and related resources.
Since Sharsheret's founding in 2001, we have responded to more than 30,000 breast cancer inquiries, involved more than 2,500 peer supporters, and presented over 250 educational programs nationwide. Sharsheret supports young Jewish women and families facing breast cancer at every stage - before, during, and after diagnosis. We help women and families connect to our community in the way that feels most comfortable, taking into consideration their stage of life, diagnosis, or treatment, as well as their connection to Judaism. We also provide educational resources, offer specialized support to those facing ovarian cancer or at high risk of developing cancer, and create programs for women and families to improve their quality of life. All Sharsheret programs are open to all women and men.
Sharsheret offers the following national programs:
The Link Program
• Peer Support Network, connecting women newly diagnosed or at high risk of developing breast cancer one-on-one with others who share similar diagnoses and experiences
• EmbraceTM, supporting women living with advanced breast cancer
• Genetics for Life®, addressing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
• Thriving Again®, providing individualized support, education, and survivorship plans for young breast cancer survivors
• Busy Box®, for young parents facing breast cancer
• Best Face Forward®, addressing the cosmetic side effects of treatment
• Family Focus®, providing resources and support for caregivers and family members
• Ovarian Cancer Program, tailored resources and support for young Jewish women and families facing ovarian cancer
• Sharsheret SupportsTM, developing local support groups and programs
Education and Outreach Programs
• Health Care Symposia, on issues unique to younger women facing breast cancer
• Sharsheret on Campus, outreach and education to students on campus
• Sharsheret Educational Resource Booklet Series, culturally-relevant publications for Jewish women and their families and healthcare professionals
© Sharsheret 2013
© 2016 Sharsheret: Your Jewish Community Facing Breast Cancer
Sharsheret is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization ID# 13-4198529
Designed by Firefly Partners