- About Us
- How We Help
- News & Media
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Elana Silber, Director of Operations
Teaneck, New Jersey (June 19, 2013) – Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer, is excited to announce the launch of a new recognition program for their outstanding Sharsheret Supports partners – the Sharsheret Supports Partners of Excellence program.
Sharsheret Supports is a culturally-relevant program designed to assist in the development and maintenance of local, free breast cancer and ovarian cancer programs and support groups. Sharsheret Supports combines local breast cancer resources with Sharsheret’s vast national expertise and culturally-sensitive resource materials. The Sharsheret Supports Partners of Excellence program recognizes and supports the efforts and activities of Sharsheret Supports partners who coordinate successful culturally-relevant and community-based breast cancer and ovarian cancer support and education programs. Partners of Excellence will receive financial support and national recognition of their culturally-relevant support and education programs.
“Since the launch of Sharsheret Supports in 2007, we have partnered with more than 30 Jewish organizations and cancer organizations to develop and maintain local, culturally relevant breast cancer and ovarian cancer support and education,” said Director of Operations Elana Silber. “With the launch of the Partners of Excellence program, we are proud to recognize and advance the efforts of our outstanding Sharsheret Supports partners. Together, we will continue to bring our national expertise to local communities nationwide.”
Applications are now available and are due by June 30, 2013. For more information about the Sharsheret Supports program and to become a Sharsheret Supports Partner of Excellence, contact Link Program Coordinator Adina Fleischmann at 866.474.2774 or email@example.com.
Sharsheret, Hebrew for “chain”, is a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and their families, of all Jewish backgrounds, facing breast cancer. Our mission is to offer a community of support to women diagnosed with breast cancer or at increased genetic risk, by fostering culturally-relevant individualized connections with networks of peers, health professionals, and related resources.
Since Sharsheret’s founding in 2001, we have responded to more than 30,000 breast cancer inquiries, involved more than 2,200 peer supporters, and presented over 250 educational programs nationwide. Sharsheret supports young Jewish women and families facing breast cancer at every stage—before, during, and after diagnosis. We help women and families connect to our community in the way that feels most comfortable, taking into consideration their stage of life, diagnosis, or treatment, as well as their connection to Judaism. We also provide educational resources, offer specialized support to those facing ovarian cancer or at high risk of developing cancer, and create programs for women and families to improve their quality of life. All Sharsheret’s programs are open to all women and men.
Sharsheret offers the following national programs:
The Link Program
• Peer Support Network, connecting women newly diagnosed or at high risk of developing breast cancer one-on-one with others who share similar diagnoses and experiences
• EmbraceTM, supporting women living with advanced breast cancer
• Genetics for Life®, addressing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
• Thriving Again®, providing individualized support, education, and survivorship plans for young breast cancer survivors
• Busy Box®, for young parents facing breast cancer
• Best Face Forward®, addressing the cosmetic side effects of treatment
• Family Focus®, providing resources and support for caregivers and family members
• Ovarian Cancer Program, tailored resources and support for young Jewish women and families facing ovarian cancer
• Sharsheret SupportsTM, developing local support groups and programs
Education and Outreach Programs
• Health Care Symposia, on issues unique to younger women facing breast cancer
• Sharsheret on Campus, outreach and education to students on campus
• Sharsheret Educational Resource Booklet Series, culturally-relevant publications for Jewish women and their families and healthcare professionals
© Sharsheret 2013
© 2016 Sharsheret: Your Jewish Community Facing Breast Cancer
Sharsheret is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization ID# 13-4198529
Designed by Firefly Partners