- About Us
- How We Help
- News & Media
- Get Involved
- Donate Now
Teaneck, New Jersey (February 10, 2014) – Sharsheret, a national not-for-profit organization supporting young women and families facing breast cancer and ovarian cancer, will celebrate its 5th Annual Sharsheret Pink Day this Wednesday, February 12, 2014. Sharsheret Pink Day raises vital breast cancer awareness, as thousands of students across the country and nationwide lead a breast cancer and Sharsheret awareness campaign in their schools and on their campuses.
The excitement surrounding Sharsheret Pink Day 2014 is evident in the thousands of students participating at more than 95 colleges/universities, high schools, day schools, and Israel programs. The message is simple: Wear pink on Wednesday, spread the word about breast cancer in school and your community, and generate life-saving conversations among Jewish families at increased risk of hereditary breast cancer. Sharsheret will reach thousands of students through social media, including a Facebook event page (on.fb.me/1aAUFSu), Twitter (@Sharsheret), and Instagram (Sharsheret1). On Sharsheret Pink Day, students are encouraged to post their pictures on Sharsheret’s Pink Day event page and use the hashtag #PinkDay2014.
“This year will be our most successful yet. Students on campus are incorporating Sharsheret Pink Day into campus events such as Cake Wars, maniCURE for Sharsheret®, bake sales and athletic tournaments,” said Program Manager and Campus Liaison Ellen Kleinhaus. “We thank the Sharsheret Pink Day student leaders who partner with us to bring our important message to thousands of their peers and Jewish families across the globe.”
For more information about Sharsheret Pink Day 2014, contact Program Manager and Campus Liaison Ellen Kleinhaus at 866.474.2774 or email@example.com.
Since Sharsheret’s founding in 2001, we have responded to more than 40,000 breast cancer inquiries, involved more than 3,000 peer supporters, and presented over 250 educational programs nationwide. Sharsheret supports young Jewish women and families facing breast cancer at every stage—before, during, and after diagnosis. We help women and families connect to our community in the way that feels most comfortable, taking into consideration their stage of life, diagnosis, or treatment, as well as their connection to Judaism. We also provide educational resources, offer specialized support to those facing ovarian cancer or at high risk of developing cancer, and create programs for women and families to improve their quality of life. All Sharsheret’s programs are open to all women and men.
Sharsheret offers the following national programs:
The Link Program
• Peer Support Network, connecting women newly diagnosed or at high risk of developing breast cancer one-on-one with others who share similar diagnoses and experiences
• EmbraceTM, supporting women living with advanced breast cancer
• Genetics for Life®, addressing hereditary breast and ovarian cancer
• Thriving Again®, providing individualized support, education, and survivorship plans for young breast cancer survivors
• Busy Box®, for young parents facing breast cancer
• Best Face Forward®, addressing the cosmetic side effects of treatment
• Family Focus®, providing resources and support for caregivers and family members
• Ovarian Cancer Program, tailored resources and support for young Jewish women and families facing ovarian cancer
• Sharsheret SupportsTM, developing local support groups and programs
Education and Outreach Programs
• Health Care Symposia, on issues unique to younger women facing breast cancer
• Sharsheret on Campus, outreach and education to students on campus
• Sharsheret Educational Resource Booklet Series, culturally-relevant publications for Jewish women and their families and healthcare professionals
© Sharsheret 2014
© 2014 Sharsheret: Your Jewish Community Facing Breast Cancer
Sharsheret is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization ID# 13-4198529
Designed by Firefly Partners